Sunday 13 January 2013

Dior makeup haul!

Hi guys, this week I got a lot of new Dior makeup to add to my collection (I'm a little bit obsessed!). I wouldn't normally get this much in one go but escentual had 20% off so I had to treat myself. Here's what I got...





Il start with the lipsticks. The first one Is dior addict in 762 Paris, it's a very sheer wearable pink, almost barbie pink but as its sheer and slightly shimmery it is subtle and makes for a very nice everyday shade. As with all the Dior addict lipsticks the packaging is absolutely gorgeous. The formula is very moisturising and creamy, the lipstick tents to last 1-2 hours.











The next lipstick that I got is the Rouge Dior in 678 devilish pink. This lipstick is much darker and more pigmented than the Dior Addict lipstick and has a gorgeous candy scent, it reminds me of candy love hearts. The shade itself is a dark pink with a hint of blue, it has micro shimmer in it and is very moisturising. I find that this lipstick lasts me about 2-3 hours.










Next I got the Dior retractable lip brush, the brush itself looks gorgeous, however when it came to applying lipstick with I was slightly disappointed, as the hairs on the brush itself were very stiff and had bits of dried glue I between them. I have since washed it with MACs brush cleaner and the texture of the brush has improved. The brush has a pull mechanism and comes with a little velvet pouch to keep it pretty in your bag.









I also picked up a 3 couleurs pallet in 961 Smoky Violet, I am a massive fan of Dior eyeshadow and when I saw this one had purple colours I had to get it! This is my new favourite eyeshadow, as with all the 3 couleurs pallets it comes with a light purpley-pink shade as the base and then a darker matte shade and finally my favourite shade in all of these palettes, the shimmery-glittery purple shade. These colours blend amazingly and last all day and are super quick and easy to apply.







The eyebrow pencil that I picked up is Diors Powder eyebrow pencil in 653 Blonde. It comes with an eyebrow brush and sharpener. This eyebrow pencil stays on all day and doesn't smudge, it is slightly darker than Chanels blonde eyebrow pencil which I was pleased about as the Chanel one was slightly too light for me.







I also got Diors waterproof eyeliner pencil in 594 intense brown. This is a very dark shade of brown and really suits blondes as unlike other lighter shades it is not obviously brown but get looks much more natural than black. I found that although it says it is waterproof, by the end of the day it had still smudged a little in the outer corners but it did apply well as it went on really softly.






I also got the Diorshow mascara in 90 black, I love this mascara and have used it for years, it's grey for building volume and I also love to use it on top of other mascaras to make my lashes look extra long and volumised.






Finally, I got my first ever eye cream which is the Hydra Life pro youth sorbet eye cream. I have been using this product for about 5 days and I can feel the skin around my eyes is softer already, however as I have really sensitive eyes this cream has made them go a little gunky and sore:( I love this product and wish I wasn't allergic to it but regrettably it just isn't suited for me.






So that's everything that I got, out of everything the smoky violet eyeshadow has to be my favourite product, thanks for reading:)

No comments:

Post a Comment