Sunday 20 January 2013

PRINTEMPS PRÉCIEUX DE CHANEL spring 2013 collection

PRINTEMPS PRÉCIEUX DE CHANEL SPRING 2013 COLLECTION



So Chanel's spring collection has finally arrived at England's beauty counters!  After a long wait I couldn't wait to get my hands on their new Illuminating Powder and try out the new lip colours.  I only purchased 2 items from the collection, which were the Illuminating Powder and the Rouge Allure Velvet in 42 l'eclatante.
  The collection consists of 'precious pinks and rich plums' and includes 3 new nail polishes, 6 lipsticks, 2 lip glosses, an eye shadow quad, and eye shadow duo, a blusher, 2 lip pencils and 3 waterproof eye liners. 

Rouge Allure Velvet 42 L'Eclatante £25


This is my first Rouge Allure lipstick and I love the packaging.  From its sleek and elegant design, to the way the inner tube clicks out, every angle of the lipstick is perfectly styled, it even has the double CC embossed in the inner of the black outer case.
The texture is slightly waxy and not that moisturising, however it does have good staying power lasting around 3 hours. As with all the Rouge Allures that I swatched in store it is very pigmented and vibrant.  I have light skin and blonde hair and this shade worked really well on me I would definitely recommend this to anyone who loves bright pinks.









Illuminating Powder £46


When I first saw this illuminating powder I knew I had to get it.  The design is so unique and I almost don't want to use it because the embossed design is too pretty!  So far I've been using this on the tops of my cheekbones, brow bones and down the ridge of my nose.  It is nice and subtle but you can layer it up for a more dramatic effect. I'm lucky as I don't have large pores but I have heard that this product can highlight them so maybe something to test before buying if you do have large pores.  I tried to swatch this for you but my lighting wasn't very good so it wasn't showing up on camera.

As you can see it comes in a large velvet pouch with a sponge applicator, I personally would have preferred a natural fibre brush as I'm not a huge fan of any type of make up sponge.





No comments:

Post a Comment